Thursday, March 11, 2004

So I've moved in, and spent my first night in the flat. I had an excellent evening, going to the supermarket and getting to know my flatmates, and they also took me to a place to buy bedding which was extremely kind. It's great to be living in a flat and not in a hostel. I can use the shower without having to press the button every 10 seconds (an horrible invention specially designed for hostel showers).

My room mate Francesco has helped me settle in, and has already taught me lots of choice italian words, in exchange for their english translations.

Today I went to my first lecture, History of Philosophy. It took me about 15 minutes to work out that the lecturer wasn't talking about a russian (russo), but rather the french philosopher Rousseau. A great start. Luckily I was at the back and was asked no questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home