Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Made it to Bordeaux in one piece. Am feeling rather tired; the last bit from Nice to Bordeaux was a long, uncomfortable train ride in a couchette with 5 other travelling folk. But not travelling folk in the sense that they played with hoops and fire, rather that they were just travelling.

I woke up at 0806, and got off the train at 0810 to be welcomed by the guys in the band, complete with a banner. It was amazing, they'd all got up to come a welcome me. It was so kind, especially given that I have no idea how they got up that early. I'm staying at Ben and Julien's tonight in Eurofac on the University Campus. I may be staying with Dan soon, but I'm not sure. It depends if he finds himself a flat and so on. He's currently living on Jamie and Clare's floor.

Catherine and Andrea came to wave me off yesterday (although I have my suspicions that Catherine was rather interested in a certain guitar!), and it was lovely to see them before I went. Francesco made me a coffee to help me get going, which certainly worked. All in all, it hasn't been bad at all. I've had a shower, and Bordeaux is my oyster.

The only sad note being that I walked from Place de la Victoire, down past my old flat, and past where I got the taxi to the airport the last time I was here. All that was with Kat, and it made me bloody miserable as I thought about it. We had an amazing final couple of weeks, and seeing the places have brought the fun back, but also all those bits of shattered sadness too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home