Monday, May 31, 2004

Saturday I played a song I've written with Manu and Francesco Locati from the flat and Lucio, a friend of Francesco (of my room). We played at Lucio's house in Cognento, a small village in the countryside out of Modena. There were dogs and cats and geese running all over the place and his Dad was making a glider with an engine in a makeshift hanger. There were wallflowers all the way up the drive. It was a hot day, and the scenery on the way was such a change to Modena city centre. I was in Manu's car as we sped along lots of narrow roads dodging tractors and the like. The song went well anyway, and I hope to play it in France. It's a kind of Weezer meets Nirvana song. Sounds a bit passe probably but I don't care too much since being one hundred percent original is out of reach at the moment. My electric guitar that I'm renting along with the amp is great to play on, and is giving me loads of inspiration I suppose. It's just that when you write a song on an electric guitar, it sounds like it's ready for a band, but when you write on an acoustic for 4 years, you come up with an amazing back catalogue of depressing poo.

1 Comments:

At 6:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the topic of depressing poo, I did one yesterday. It sounded sad when I asked how it was feeling. "Shit" was the reply.

I could go on, but I won't. I'm not telling you my name because I am ashamed to be associated with the above comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home