Wednesday, April 07, 2004

I had an excellent night on Monday at Julien's house for his birthday. His Mum, his brother, Marie, Benoit and his friend from childhood were all there. We had a superb raclette, and the whole evening was lovely. Everyone had fun, and we were all chatting and dancing and messing about. All the people I have met out here have been very friendly, and they all go out of their way to be kind and make me feel at home. I'll never forget these past few days. I've met more people and done more things in a week than I did in months.

Last night was a great evening for two reasons. Firstly Arsenal lost to Chelsea in the most high profile game of their season. I really dislike the side of me that gets so unnaturally happy when Arsenal lose. Real went out of the Champions League, which must have been good news for Katie's Dad. He also has a strong nature of disliking teams almost as much as he supports others. The night was rounded of by my winning of the pool tournament at the pub, which meant eight pints of beer. I shared 4 with my comrades, and I'm keeping the other four for tomorrow night. Hurrah, free beer. Nothing like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home