Friday, June 04, 2004

Playing with Manu Francesco and Lucio is turning out to be good for me. We don't play as a band really, not in the proper sense anyway. We just try things out. Manu plays lots of chord based riffs, based on Muse to Pearl Jam, Francesco keeps a steady bass, Lucio thunders out some of the best drums I've ever had the pleasure to hear, so I get the chance to experiment with the guitar. It leaves me with lots of room to try bits out, things I've never been able to do with the old acoustic. The limits of my rented amp aren't spectacular, but it does create some fun sounds.

Tonight I'm going to watch the Motorcycle Diaries with the Gael GarcĂ­a Bernal as Guevara. He was in Y tu mama tambien. I hope the film is good. The book isn't well written, but then I don't suppose he thought it was going to be published since it was his diary. He keenly observes everything around him as he travels, and opens up South America as it was and in parts still is, to those of us who haven't had the chance to travel in that region. I'm looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to hearing some Spanish too. Definitely the next language in the pipeline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home