Wednesday, September 15, 2004

On Sunday I went with Ben to see PJ Harvey play at the Academy in Bristol. I got to see her over the summer in Imola with Catherine Andrea and Clare, and she impressed so much that I had to go and see her again. On stage she has this massive presence that was made all the more obvious when in contrast with the support group "KnifeFork", who had a couple of average singers with dreary songs.

Anyway, it was an excellent nuts gig, but what I am planning on doing is making a belt - hang on, have I already said this before? - that she wore at the Somerset house gig. Here, hopfully is a link to it:

http://pjharvey.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/004910.html

You need to scroll down a few pictures, but the belt it there in full glory.

I have the cars, I nearly have the belt, but I don't have the knowledge of how to fix those little things onto the belt. I've had a few ideas. One is to glue them on with ridiculously strong glue. Another is to solder them on. Another is to try and attach them by some sort of strong thin material.

The belt is for Katie, not for me.

So if anyone has any idea how to go about doing this, then they can touch the belt once it finished.

1 Comments:

At 10:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://eben.phlegethon.org/malaysia/

'Ello. It's Liz. Honeymoon so far in above link, and we are very busy with the pina coladas and nasi lemak etc. Re belt - Araldite is your friend. Is excellent epoxy resin glue, which will not come off EVER.

Off to dinner. See you soon, and thanks for being so top at the wedding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home