Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Have made it to Mexico, after a long long flight, and a sudden realisation that knowing Italian doesn't mean you can kind of guess what Mexicans are saying.

Huatulco is beautiful. The beach is magnificent, the water is 26 degrees celsius, and there is a huge array of birds and scary insects that I don't recognise. The food is, well, Mexican, so lots of tacos and tortas with meats, chilis and guacamole with salsa etc. It is brilliant for breakfast.

It is very hot here, so I counter this by doing very little. I sit in the dive shop, reading, drinking water and Corona, and playing cards with Katie and her dive shop buddies. The heat saps any will to do anything that involves moving. But that suits me fine.

Katie is well, and looking beautiful. She has a gorgeous tan, and her hair has become a stunning blonde from the sun. I think the climate is good for her, even if for me it's too hot at the moment. We've spent some lovely time together, catching up, and just messing about, which is what I've missed most. The stupid things that you can't really do with anyone else. I've been waiting for this for so long that I feel unbelievably lucky to finally be here.

Yesterday, Katie made me rent a bike. I wasn't too happy about this, since I've only ridden a bike twice, and that was on the flats with no cars. We cycled in about 15 to the shop this morning, and although I was terrified, it was a bloody good feeling to have done it without killing myself. I may extend the rental.

I hope everyone is well in Italy, France and England. Am thinking about you all, but not that much, because I'm having too much fun.

x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home